Did you know?
One pioneer in laughter research, Dr. William Fry, claimed it took 10 minutes on a rowing machine for his heart rate to reach the level it would after just one minute of hearty laughter.
Today we thought we would give you some of the benefits of laughter.
- It relaxes the whole body by relieving physical tension and stress.
- It decreases stress hormones in the body and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, improving resistance to disease.
- It triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
- Improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow.
- It provides a gentle aerobic workout.
- It’s the body’s natural way of getting rid of stress and anxiety. So if we don’t laugh enough it does affect our immune system and we’re more open to illness.
- It helps relieve pain. It’s very powerful and it’s fun.
- We change physiologically when we laugh.
- We stretch muscles throughout our face and body, our pulse and blood pressure go up, and we breathe faster, sending more oxygen to our tissues.
Would it be possible for you to do 3 belly laughs each day?